New! Certified Agile Leadership (CAL)
2018-12-03 09:00 to2018-12-04 18:00(Europe/Tallinn)
The vision of this program is to make the values and principles of Agile accessible to every leader by making known the why, what, and how of Agile in a pragmatic and experiential approach.
Learn the secrets to nurture Agile organizations and how to work on self-development to become an effective Agile Leader in this two-day Certified Agile Leadership℠ training.
What is an Agile Leader?
Since 2001, tens of thousands of leaders all around the world have been creating workplaces in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto. These workplaces were initially most evident in software development. But Agile leadership is now spreading to all parts of the organization and across all sectors of the economy, particularly as software itself has become a key driver of business success. Agile leaders are not just tinkering with the management practices that were once successful. They are creating something different — workplaces with a culture of agility and with Agile values, practices, and metrics.
An Agile leader…
- Operates effectively amid uncertainty, complexity, and rapid change
- Is knowledgeable about Agile values, approaches, and practices
- Surfaces more creative solutions through increased self-awareness, a growth mindset, and engaging others
- Aligns and empowers teams toward delivering more customer value
- Personally integrates feedback and experiments, and adapts their ways
- Takes a collaborative continuous improvement approach to organizational effectiveness
- Catalyzes change in others and facilitates organizational change
In this workshop, you will learn how to
-shift your mindset from waterfall to agile
-work principles kickstart your professional effectiveness
-begin the journey to transform your
- Context of Agile: Understanding Business Agility and why organizations are trying to embrace Agile
- Leadership development in “The leader’s Dancefloor”: Learning and practicing an innovative leadership development framework based on Co-active coaching, ontological coaching, Agile and complexity thinking.
- Complexity: Learn and practice of complexity thinking and the Cynefin framework
- Collective dimension of leadership: Understand and practice how to influence the collectivity you’re leading.
- Organizational culture: Understanding and practicing the competing values framework.
- Organizational Structure: Learn and practice how to structure organizations to better handle complexity.
- Agile processes: Learn how to lead the implementation of Agile practices and frameworks in organizations.
organizationalChange: Learn and practice different approaches to lead organizational change such as:Lean change, Kotter 8 steps, and V.Satir model.
- Personal dimension of leadership: Understand and follow your leadership development journey.
- Interacting as a leader: Explore and understand different leadership Styles and when to use them.
- Acting as a leader: Learn how to give, receive and incorporate feedback to achieve the best results as a leader.
- Being a leader: Learn and practice how to emphatically connect with others and what’s the impact of that in your leadership.
- Executives, middle management, and other leaders with organizational influence.
- Leaders who support,
lead,or interact with Agile teams.
- Scrum Masters / Agile coaches
- Any leader sponsoring, requesting, or involved with an Agile adoption within their organization
Very nice coached way of recognizing my own behavior. Markus Paks, QStep OÜ
Innovative, interesting, inspirering. Great stuff. Aleksei Nikolajev
Leadership training!. That will totally surprise you! So much more than just agile. Tauri Laane, CEO at QStep OÜ
Useful, practical, systematic, fun. All good. Actually no. All Great! Helina Traat, Roche
The training was absolutely fabulous. Happy to be part of it. It was fun to get out of the comfort zone. I would not have imagine dancing sober! Andri Vanem, SMIT
Everything was very good. Inspiring. Monika Heinrand
Training materials and handouts:
Students are given an introductory pre-reading material. After successfully completing the course, the students are sent a high quality PDF handout containing a visual recount of the training.
After successfully completing this course, participants will be entitled to take the online exam to obtain the Certified Agile Leader certification from the Scrum AllianceScrum Alliance,, plus a two year paid membership.
Besides one of the best trainings in the industry, you get:Breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks.
All courseware materials in electronic format.
PMI members can claim 15 PDU’s
The training is given in English. All training materials are also in English.
Angel is a very energetic Agile coach who truly enjoys challenges. Putting in place Lean and Agile concepts and practices in very complex environments is his specialty and passion. As as an Agile coach, trainer, and mentor, he’s supported several multinational organizations in their Agile journeys in the last 10 years.
During his 18+ years of experience in IT Angel has worked in various roles: Agile coach, R&D manager, software developer, software architect, ScrumMaster, and trainer.
Angel is recognized worldwide as an expert in Agile and Scrum and he holds the three highest level certifications in the field: CST (Certified Scrum Trainer), CEC (Certified Enterprise Coach) and CAL Educator (Certified Agile Leadership Educator) by the Scrum Alliance. Additionally, is a co-active coach, the specialist in team coaching and systemic leadership, and Management 3.0 licensed trainer.
Additionally, he teaches video game production at ESNE (University of Design, Innovation